TWS Logistics is certified according to ISO 14001, the international standard for designing and implementing an environmental management system (EMS). Our EMS consists of policies, processes, plans, practices, and records that define the rules governing how our company interacts with the environment. The over-arching goal is to keep reducing our environmental footprint.
Examples of how we care for the environment:
- We are transitioning to electric vehicles and more sustainable fuels, such as HVO.
- Our drivers are educated in so-called eco-driving, meaning that they drive in a way that requires less fuel.
- Advanced route planning based on big data means that we find the most effective routes and cut down on our emissions.
- All our vehicles follow the Euro 6 standards, which are the EU’s strictest standards for exhaust emissions.
- We cooperated with suppliers, partners, and customers to make all parts of the transportation chain more sustainable.
- Our staff is continuously educated on various environmental issues so that they can take them into account in their day-to-day work.
- We strive for constant improvement and are always looking for new ways to reduce our environmental footprint.